Hello everyone, welcome to the #19 issue of This Week in Godot, Godot is a popular Free and Open Source game development engine and toolset. And this is a weekly overview of what happened the past week in the Godot engine and its community right in your email. I'll try to cover the most relevant news, releases, games, tools, and anything else relevant. Please, if you have any recommendations or, any idea you can send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, even better, you can open a PR in GitHub.
- Godot 4.0 optimization progress report
- Web Editor with Godot 3.2.4 RC
- Tiles editor progress report #2
- New communication platform for Godot contributors
- How much we earned in 2020, our goals in 2021
- Tiles editor progress!
- Top 5 Weekly Games [E09] - http://gotm.io/
- Godotes - Loading...
- [Russian] Godot Engine 4 ПЕРВЫЙ ВЗГЛЯД
- Finite state machine in godot
- Simple Interactive Grass in Godot
- Simple Glowy Aura Shader: Godot Guide
- Making AI in Godot
- Godot Voxels in 4 MINUTES
- Godot Game Development Mini-Degree
- Godot all-in-one tutorial: Space invaders!
Libraries Assets and Add-ons
- Anima: an addon for Godot that allows you to create rich animations easily.
- Twisted IK 2
- Double fully customisable dissolve shaders
- Release of Unofficial Godot Engine for the Raspberry Pi
- Indie Game Dev: Juice Up Your Game's Collectibles! (Godot Engine + Affinity Designer)
- Learning Godot in 8 Hours - Devlog [Eng Sub]
- [French] Godot devlog KnockBack
- Devlog #4: Title, Main Menu, HUD, Story and More | Bomber World
- Devlog #0 | intro to my indie game | Gamedev with Godot
Made with Godot
- GPS Simulator
- The Great Plague Exodus
- A popular puzzle prototype with open source
- Bigger Nouis: Combine tees to make bigger tees. Can you make a nouis?
- 3D Maze Monster
- Blue Sunday
- Evolution Duck
- Hallegen: a 2D Action-Platformer
- Super Pentagon
- Free Fall
- Tainted Space
- HEAVYPAINT: a simple yet secretly powerful painting app