Hello everyone, welcome to the #20 issue of This Week in Godot, Godot is a popular Free and Open Source game development engine and toolset. And this is a weekly overview of what happened the past week in the Godot engine and its community right in your email. I'll try to cover the most relevant news, releases, games, tools, and anything else relevant. Please, if you have any recommendations or, any idea you can send me an email to email@example.com or, even better, you can open a PR in GitHub.
- Godot Engine receives $120,000 grant from game development studio Kefir
- Release candidate: Godot 3.2.4 RC 2
- Top 5 Weekly Games [E10] - http://gotm.io/
- Godot's $120K Grant From Kefir
- Benchmark Godot & Rust
- Godot built-in physics vs. GDnative
- Godotes #7 - Paid Games
- Data Driven Development in One Way Dungeon
- Godot 3D: Code architecture course in a single video * custom signals * dynamic resources * more!
- Godot Spawner Node (5/5) Refining Our Spawner
- Getting Started with the Godot Game Engine in 2021
- How to make a 2.5D jet like in Luftrausers
- Ever wonder how interpolation works?
- Godot Networked Multiplayer Shooter Tutorial #1
Libraries Assets and Add-ons
- Free shader: Stylized grass with wind and player interaction
- 3D Scanning Effect Shader for Godot Engine
- Indie Game Devlog #2 Fishing Simulator
- Making My Dream Adventure Game With Godot 3D | ΖΩΗ Devlog #1
- I Made a Commercial Game in ONE Week
- Designing Horrifying Monsters For My Biopunk Rpg - Wrought Flesh Devlog 7
Made with Godot
- Dairy Dave: an Endless Runner that plays like a 2D Jump’n’Run
- [WIP] Weather and Seasons - A First Implementation
- Turtle Quest: A short game about a turtle's quest to eat a bunch of fruit.
- Seyis official reveal trailer | medet
- Mirrored Pawns: A relaxing puzzle game that will challenge your spatial reasoning
- Cat's Menace
- Strip Blackjack 3310: A 1-player adult-themed blackjack game.
- Superb Mechanism
- Corn Mission: A 2d platform puzzle game
- Dropsk: Drop blocks to repaint and clear field
- Island Artist: A hand crafted world where you can create beautiful paintings